5 Ways to Celebrate Mother's Day, under Quarantine
For some Moms, this could be blissfully peaceful; time pottering in the garden, reading a favourite book under a blanket with a hot drink or glass of wine and or watching a movie with no interruptions. But celebrating without family, due to physical distancing can be hard. This year we have an opportunity to celebrate our Mom’s in a more creative way this Mother’s Day, as most of us will not be able to be with them in person
Here are 5 fun suggestions on how to celebrate your Mom or ask your family to surprise you with, this Mother’s Day.
- Surprise your Mom with some chalk art on the drive way that shows or tells her how amazing she is.
- Try some Guerilla Gardening, lots of local garden centers and greenhouses are offering Curbside pick-up, so why not support local and add a new spring planter to her front porch or plant a new flowering plant/shrub in the front yard for her to see from the window.
- Paint some rocks and leave them on her front porch for her to discover, maybe it’s part of a scavenger hunt for her to explore.
- Arrange a time for a drive by with banners and decorations on the car. Be sure to add the decorations just before you drive by and remove after, so they don’t come loose or distract other drivers.
- Bake her some treats to drop off with her favourite gardening items from www.JollyBark.ca (Wink Wink)